Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System
About the Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System
The Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System (CAVHS), a flagship Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) healthcare provider, is one of the largest and busiest VA medical centers in the country. Its two hospitals, located in Little Rock and North Little Rock, anchor a broad spectrum of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services, ranging from disease prevention through primary care, to complex surgical procedures, to extended rehabilitative care. This System serves as a teaching facility for more than 1,500 students and residents enrolled in more than 65 educational programs; its principal affiliate is the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
CAVHS is reaching out to veterans through its community-based outpatient clinics in Mountain Home, El Dorado, Hot Springs, Mena, Pine Bluff, Searcy, Conway, Russellville, its Home Health Care Service Center in Hot Springs, and a VA Drop-In Day Treatment Center for homeless veterans in downtown Little Rock. Throughout its rich 90 year history, CAVHS has been widely recognized for excellence in education, research, and emergency prepardedness, and -first and foremost -for a tradition of quality and caring for Arkansas veterans.
Community-Based Outpatient Clinics
In addition to our main facility, we offer services in eight community-based outpatient clinics. These clinics are located in —
- Conway, Arkansas
- El Dorado, Arkansas
- Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Mena, Arkansas
- Mountain Home, Arkansas
- Pine Bluff, Arkansas
- Russellville, Arkansas
- Searcy, Arkansas
VA CORE VALUES
- Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
- Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA’s mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
- Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
- Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
- Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.
VHA’s Mission and Vision
Honor America's Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
VHA will continue to be the benchmark of excellence and value in health care and benefits by providing exemplary services that are both patient centered and evidence based.
This care will be delivered by engaged, collaborative teams in an integrated environment that supports learning, discovery and continuous improvement.
It will emphasize prevention and population health and contribute to the nation's well-being through education, research and service in National emergencies.