Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System
Pharmacy Residency Program - Application Information
- Welcome to Program
- About the Program
- Application Information
- Contact Us
- PGY1 Curriculum
- PGY1 Rotation Descriptions
- PGY2 AmCare Curriculum
- PGY2 Palliative Curriculum
- PGY2 Geriatrics Curriculum
This program is accredited by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists
This residency site agrees that no person at this site will solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information from any residency applicant.
Application Deadline: January 3
All residents must be United States citizens and have graduated from an American Council on Pharmaceutical Education accredited college or school of pharmacy. Applicants must meet requirements for federal employment, including physical exam. PGY1 residents are required to obtain a pharmacist license from any US state no later than 90 days from the start of the residency.
Candidates for the PGY2 specialty residencies should have completed an ASHP Accredited PGY1 Residency. In addition, PGY2 Residents must hold an active pharmacist license in good standing in 1 of the 50 states of the United States of America or the District of Columbia. However, note that an Arkansas Pharmacist license may also be required. See program specific requirements.
CAVHS will accept residency applications through PhORCAS only. Application requirements include:
- Completed CAVHS Residency Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcript from a ACPE Accredited pharmacy program
- Letter of Intent
- Proof of U.S. citizenship - Upload in supplemental documents
- Three references using recommendation form through PhORCAS (PGY2 applicants: one must be from PGY1 RPD)
- Copy of Intern/Pharmacist License- Upload in supplemental documents